US-122 problem...still

Link

Hey guys...I know I posted this in the soundcards and computers forum...but to no avail, so I thought someone here may be able to help me. Cheers

I got a Tascam US-122 a month or so back, and have found it to be pretty good, but I'm running into a few problems with it dropping out (the USB connection dropping out entirely).

I've set up a 'user account' on my computer and optimised all the things that they've told me to do to get it running smoothely (and it still often drops out). It was occasionally dropping out when the song went to the next screen...so I turn off 'follow song' and that fixes the problem for awhile. And it often drops out when I'm clicking on other things...

I've got another user account setup on the computer for all my other junk. Im using the US-122 as my soundcard and even listening back to MP3's it will sometimes drop out. Particularly when doing things like closing windows. I would've thought a soundcard like this would easily be able to handle something like playback of MP3's, even with other stuff going on.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

I'm running an AMD 1.2ghz processor with 512 meg/ram.

Cheers
Brad

Are you sure your RAM isn't being used up by another program (a program running in the background perhaps)?

I have that problem every so often, and it's usually becuase I have to many other apps open at the same time.

I've got an AMD 1.6 w/ 512 RAM and I can have cubasis and cool edit pro running at the same time without any problems.

Try installing a program like Rambooster (free), it'll show you how much ram is being used and which apps are using it. It also allows you to free up unused RAM with the a single mouse click (some apps grab hold of the ram and never release it). It's real time too, so as you using the cubase, you'll be able to see the ram usage and look for spikes and the like.

hope that helps.

Back