URGENT! Protools LE 6.1 error

wallsstreet

Last night i went to fire up my session and an error came up, this is the error:

The procedure entry point_DsigetcardtypefromDSP@8, Could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library DSI.DLL

then the second screen says:

A required DLL file, DAE.Dll was not found.

Please help me!!! i have a session tonight and it will not work. i went to the Digidesign site, and it said to re-install Protools, which I did, and still nothing......

WallsStreet

So youve uninstalled it all, cleaned it all up, then installed it again? If worse comes to worse, maybe try backing up your files, formatting the computer and starting again? I would say thats your last option!

Hope someone can sort this out for you!

Good luck

no, i didn't unstall it completely, i repaired it. I was scared that all my audio will be gone if I completely uninstall it. Won't I loose EVERYTHING?????

Great point about backing up, absolutely essential.

I highly doubt a complete hard drive wipe and reinstall is necessary. The amount of work it would take to get everything back would be staggering. That really is the final "nuclear option".

Don't forget to toss the prefs when you reinstall PT. Or just toss the prefs first and see if that solves the problem. Also, you may have to manually go through the drive and toss PT related files before reinstalling. If something got corrupted it might not get replaced if the installer still sees that it is there.

Good luck, and BACKUP FIRST!

if he's missing a DLL file I doubt tossing the preferences is going to do anything of value.

"repairing" the installation has never done anything for any program I've used. I swear that thing is a joke. Don't worry....nothing except Pro Tools Program files get deleted. All sesion files, fade files, audio files, etc. will remain. I think even plugin presets might remain, but don't quote me on that. But it's not like Pro tools does a scan of all your discs looking for any file ending in .PTS or .WAV and then just trashes them.

So uninstall PT and then re-install it. The DAE.dll file is probably THE most important file for the program to have. Did you happen to move any of the program files around on your C: ???

Yup. Uninstall then reinstall. Your audio is as safe as it can be- uninstalling PT won't affect your audio.

If it still doesn't work, check back in.

-C

Back