Upgrading stock tuners on a Xaviere guitar

JTC111

I have a Xaviere XV-650 and I want to upgrade the tuners but I'm not sure what I can buy to make it an easy swap. I don't want to have to start filling and drilling holes if I don't have to. Anyone have any suggestions?

These are the tuners that the guitar came with...

Attachments

• XV09.jpg
    XV09.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 60
I don't know what you have on there already but I always start with the Hosco catalogue. the online version isn't as good as the paper copy but hey. If your going to upgrade you might as well get the best. Why are thinking of swapping them out?

I don't know what you have on there already but I always start with the Hosco catalogue. the online version isn't as good as the paper copy but hey. If your going to upgrade you might as well get the best. Why are thinking of swapping them out?

The stock tuners are about as smooth as 40 grit sandpaper. I took a look at the Hosco site but I still don't know what will fit. To the eye, the Gotoh mini 510 inlines look like they might work but I don't know how to be sure that the screw hole will line up.

The stock tuners are about as smooth as 40 grit sandpaper. I took a look at the Hosco site but I still don't know what will fit. To the eye, the Gotoh mini 510 inlines look like they might work but I don't know how to be sure that the screw hole will line up.

You'd need to take one off and get some measurements, then compare them to the dimensions on the 510's. If you can get 510's on there they are worth it. I fit them as standard unless asked for anything else.

You'd need to take one off and get some measurements, then compare them to the dimensions on the 510's. If you can get 510's on there they are worth it. I fit them as standard unless asked for anything else.

The 510s would be my first choice. I sent an email off to the Xaviere... maybe they'll know if they will fit. Thanks for the help.

Wow. I can't believe Xaviere emailed me back on Thanksgiving. Props to them for that. But for anyone else looking to upgrade the tuners on an XV-650, they just told me that the screw hole lines up with the Gotoh 510 minis.

Wow. I can't believe Xaviere emailed me back on Thanksgiving. Props to them for that. But for anyone else looking to upgrade the tuners on an XV-650, they just told me that the screw hole lines up with the Gotoh 510 minis.

Good stuff I had a feeling they would but didn't want to steer you wrong just in case. You wont find a smoother tuner IMHO.

It's not all turkey and stuffing for everyone today either normal working day here.;) Hope you all had a good day.

Good deal on the 510's. I've put them on a couple guitars and love 'em. It'll be a good change for you.

Good deal on the 510's. I've put them on a couple guitars and love 'em. It'll be a good change for you.

It has to be. The stock tuners on the Xaviere turn like a rusty gate. And if I'm going to bother to upgrade them, I may as well upgrade to something I'll never want to change.

BTW, did you see this for $115?
SX LG1 NA Electric Lap Steel Guitar
SX LG1 Electric Lap Steel Guitar Black

I'm not expecting it to be great (probably not even good), but for that kind of money, I couldn't resist. Mine is arriving today. :D

Back