upgrading my monitors

candelamusic

hi everybody,

i've been using the Samson resolv 40a monitors for almost a year now, those were my first and only i've had so far. for the price i guess they were good ($120 pair) and i like them a lot, but i haven't tried other ones so i cant really compare them. i think is time to upgrade and im really interested in the KRK rokit 6 or maybe the 8's. Do you think thats a good upgrade? would i see the difference or should i save some more money for better ones?? i make hip hop and reggaeton. thanks everybody for any help or comments.

Well....It would be an up grade.
How much money do you have to spend before we go to much further on the subject here and do you implore a bass bin sub to your monitors?

:cool:

Yup...budget's the big question. ;)

Pretty much comes down to get the best you can afford and LEARN them.

I've been using the Adam A7's for a little over a year, I think, and am pretty happy with em. Clarity, punch etc...

i have $500 to spend at the most. and no i wouldnt buy a sub. i've seen these krk's in videos of proffesional artists of the reggaeton genre, thats why im leaning for them. i'll appreciate any other suggestions though for $500. thank you guys

Have you treated your room to cover all the bass reflections, room nodes etc. (bass traps and so on)
If not that might be a better place to spend your money and you will probably find your existing monitors perform much better than you thought they did too

AS always YMMV

i only got 3" foam in the walls right now, but i will buy the Owens corning panels to make some diy basstraps, but you are right, i probably should do that first and then see how it sounds. for some reason im thinking of buying the monitors first, then the basstraps but thats stupid and you just made me realize it. lol thanks man

i have $500 to spend at the most. and no i wouldnt buy a sub. i've seen these krk's in videos of proffesional artists of the reggaeton genre, thats why im leaning for them. i'll appreciate any other suggestions though for $500. thank you guys

+6 billion for KRK's... I've got the RP5's, and I honestly doubt there's another monitor out there that's as good for the price tag.

Back