upgrade from 2.1 to 7, bundle file won't play...

Zed10R

Sup all..

I recently upgraded to Sonar 7 and I'm importing all my 2.1 bundle files. So far, all but 1 of them imports and plays with no issues at all....but this 1 just won't play. no error message, no problem opening, but when I hit "play" NOTHING happens. Nothing at all. What the hell?? :mad::confused: There is no differece between it and any of the others that work fine...every setting is the same....What can I do? Am I screwed?

It could be that your bun file is corrupt some how. You might venture over to the Cakewalk forums and see what they can tell you. You'll get more response over there.

Does the file work in Sonar 2, or is the problem just in Sonar 7?

Plays just fine in 2....even the bundle that I copied into 7, when reloaded into 2, plays just fine.

I have emailed Sonar tech supprt about this. When I get an answer I'll post it. This has beed driving me insane. It's one of my biggest, most elaborate and time consuming songs...dammit.... :mad:

Plays just fine in 2....even the bundle that I copied into 7, when reloaded into 2, plays just fine.

I have emailed Sonar tech supprt about this. When I get an answer I'll post it. This has beed driving me insane. It's one of my biggest, most elaborate and time consuming songs...dammit.... :mad:
I had a similar problem going from Sonar 1 to Sonar 2. My recollection is that it was a project file, not a bundle file, but it wouldn't open in Sonar 2.

I contacted tech support and they had me send them the project file without any of the audio. They were able to fix it, and return it to me. I never was fully clear on what the problem was, except that it was some sort of conflict with track/clip volume envelopes and the way Sonar 2 was interpreting them.

There's quite possibly an older plugin thats keeping it from opening. The guys at Cakewalk should be able to help out on it, I know they have before.

There's quite possibly an older plugin thats keeping it from opening. The guys at Cakewalk should be able to help out on it, I know they have before.
That rang a bell. There is a way to open projects in "safe" mode that will allow you to test whether the problem is with a plug-in.

When you go to open the file, hold down the shift key while clicking on the file name. That should give you a series of prompts as to whether you want to load your plug-ins or not. Start by saying "no" to all of them. If the project opens OK, then close the project and reopen it again, this time allowing just one plug-in to load. Repeat until you find the offending plug-in.

Thanks guys!!!

Tech support has not responded yet, so I'll thy the "safe mode" thing and see if that's it...will report back later!!

What if you open the file in 2 and save it as a regular project, then open in 7? the .bun format is kind of useless ever since they integrated "Per Project Folders" option anyway.

If it's a plug-in problem it should just tell you that it can't load the plug and give you the option to continue loading or not.

the suggested solution to my poste problem.....

Hello Tim,

Thank you for contacting Cakewalk Technical Support. We apologize for
the delay. If it is just that file, then follow these instructions to
fix this problem:

1. Open your file and choose Edit | Select | All.
2. Choose Edit | Copy and select all the options.
3. Choose File | New | Normal.
4. Delete all the tracks in this file.
5. Choose Edit | Paste.

I hope that helps.

the suggested solution to my poste problem.....

Hello Tim,

Thank you for contacting Cakewalk Technical Support. We apologize for
the delay. If it is just that file, then follow these instructions to
fix this problem:

1. Open your file and choose Edit | Select | All.
2. Choose Edit | Copy and select all the options.
3. Choose File | New | Normal.
4. Delete all the tracks in this file.
5. Choose Edit | Paste.

I hope that helps.

Well, aside from step one, it looks like pretty reasonable advice to me. :D :D

Although I guess they meant to open it in V2.

Back