Updating roland software throught PC

docwilson50

I ahve a roland vs-880ex And just gought the roland cdr II burner to go with it. The vs880 & the burnetr are connected via scsi cable. When I try to access the rom burner the vs-880 messages no cd-rom present. I've checked the termination and the cd is terminated. The instalation pkg I got with the burner says if this is the case I need to update teh vs-880 software via midi file with a sequencer. Tehy supplied the files needed on CD-rom. My question is: Can I update the vs880 via the scsi port from a scsi computer port. I don't have a sequencer or a sound card with a midi port. I do have a card with s/pdif out on it. I may be making this more difficult that it really is. But I'm new to midi and such but very familiar with computers and hardware. Help this is greek to me?????
Thank' in advanced for listening to my ignorance.
Doc

vs88o software upgrade

Thanks for your reply duck. I finally got it done. Bought a 25 pin to midi adapter and configured the joy stick port to mp4. Downloaded the midi files and YpdSMF program. Played the files and it works like a dream. It took 3 computer geeks (my self included) and one musican ( the smart one) to get it done. I think we were over tech'ed. Thanks agian.

Hey Doc
Thats great news Doc. Not as hard as you thought it would be!!
The hard part now is writing that no#1 hit song! :)

Duck

Back