updating firmware from 1.0 onwards

LukeZen

Hey all,

I've got v 1.0 with my VF80... my question is, do I need to update to 1.3 before going to 1.5... or can I just do it directly to 1.5?

I don't want to fuck up my vf80 so I thought I'd ask here first

:D
Cheers,
Luke

LukeZen said:
Hey all,

I've got v 1.0 with my VF80... my question is, do I need to update to 1.3 before going to 1.5... or can I just do it directly to 1.5?

I don't want to fuck up my vf80 so I thought I'd ask here first

:D
Cheers,
Luke

That's a good question, and I don't know the answer, though I could guess. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't go straight to V1.5, but don't do it before calling a rep, say in the UK...

BTW, do you really need to upgrade, or is it something you just want to do? Some of the upgrades only affect features that some will never use...

Hmm good question about whether I need to upgrade or not... I'm not even sure what the update does... I just know I have version 1.0 which I've never heard anybody else claim to have...

Are there any real benefits to upgrading?

LukeZen said:
Hmm good question about whether I need to upgrade or not... I'm not even sure what the update does... I just know I have version 1.0 which I've never heard anybody else claim to have...

Are there any real benefits to upgrading?

Is it 1.0 or is it 1.05 (or even 1.03)? Mine came from the factory with 1.05 on it. I believe there is a 1.15, but I'm not convinced I need it because it involves playing back several programs in succession -- something I'll never do.

I just checked the Fostex web site. The current version of firmware for the VF-80 is 1.05.

Apparently no revisions have been made since early in February since I purchased my unit in early March and that was the version it was loaded with from the factory.

Back