Up and Down (remix - remaster)

This is a hoot for me hearing these tunes from years ago - I'm glad you decided to revisit them.
The weird, Paul, is that I'm hearing them in nuanced ways myself.

I'm just kind of going back - the way the Beatles archive is being addressed with new tools and saying to myself: I CAN DO THAT TOO.

It isn't like technology stopped since I created ... NOR ... have I learned less about the things I'm most interested in.

It's better w/ better tools.

The freedom is nobody would the fuck be the wiser if I might make major changes.

I'm still anonymous in the creative world.

Yo, K-dub. It's been years, man. Just wanted to come and tell ya - I think it sounds good, bro! I agree with the previous comments regarding the high-end. It might be a bit too strident. Also - the ultra-distorted drums at the beginning probably could have worked a bit better if it wasn't so bright. So, yeah - just bring the brightness down but 4-5dB and see where that takes ya. Rock on, brother.

Yo, K-dub. It's been years, man. Just wanted to come and tell ya - I think it sounds good, bro! I agree with the previous comments regarding the high-end. It might be a bit too strident. Also - the ultra-distorted drums at the beginning probably could have worked a bit better if it wasn't so bright. So, yeah - just bring the brightness down but 4-5dB and see where that takes ya. Rock on, brother.
Folks w/ great ears are to be implicitly trusted. :D

Wow, awesome vocal arrangement and performance! Not to crazy about the snare sound, perhaps a bit distracting, around 2:20 this stood out to me a little, personal taste for sure, I like my snares a bit darker ;>_). Fantastic song and performance

Wow, awesome vocal arrangement and performance! Not to crazy about the snare sound, perhaps a bit distracting, around 2:20 this stood out to me a little, personal taste for sure, I like my snares a bit darker ;>_). Fantastic song and performance
Drums are recorded live ... so the sound of the snare is baked in. :D

Back