Unwanted reverb.....help!

mknight

I am running PowerTracks using an Aardvaark 20/20+ and a SB card as well. I use the SB strictly for recording click tracks from the Drum Grid Editor to lay down the basic beat. Later I record drums and eliminate the click...enough said....my problem is that Im getting reverb from somewhere that I dont want....I went into SB and made sure all effects are off, and its not coming from my mixer....its a little delay that is very annoying. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Mknight

Is the SB being used in MIDI way, as in it's setup in Cubase as a midi track/device etc? I'm not all that up on the MIDI aspect of Cubase. I do remember having a similiar delay/phasing type sound from a keyboard into a sync box. The solution was to turn global off (or was it local?) on the keyboard. Maybe there is a similiar thing in cubase.

It sounds like you use a similiar process to myself as far as recording drums. I gave up on the MIDI route via ensonic soundcard with Aark 20/20+. Instead, I create the basic click/drum pattern in a program called Fruity Loops http://www.fruityloops.com/ and then export it as a wav.

Then open up Cubase, click on a track, file/import. Import the wav, voila your done. Mic up the drumkit, and use the mixer view to control the level of the click via fader.

Back