Unstable

Axis

oompa loompa
I just changed computers and for some reason it is very unstable. Im running n-track version 3.3, Aardvark 20/20 sound card w/ v.7.13 drivers, windows XP, various free plugins, Pentium 4 1.8 ghz with Windows XP.

The computer locks up on me ALOT in the form of freezing while adjusting settings on plugins or the onboard eq, it also locks up on me when i press the record button about 25% of the time.

Anybody have any ideas as to why its doing this?

Before installing all this I completely reformated the computer. So there shouldn't be any extra stuff going on. Only thing loaded onto it is N-track the plugins, the soundcard drivers and a program to burn cds with.

Last edited:
Axis said:
Before installing all this I completely reformated the computer. So there shouldn't be any extra stuff going on. Only thing loaded onto it is N-track the plugins, the soundcard drivers and a program to burn cds with.
I'm not positive, because I've never done it, but I'll bet ($.05) that when Windoze reinstalled, all of those useless "services" restarted.

There is no telling what your sys. restore defaulted to (with mine it was twice a day, but I've heard of it defaulting to 4X an hour). Per Black Viper "...random slowdowns...high CPU usage...System Restore could be taking up 3 GB of space just on it's own"

Are you using the XP themes? There is 4-12 MB of RAM...

Check out the Black Viper site, but observe the precautions.

Back