Unrevolve The Revolution

Great song sikter! This is a well crafted song with pro arrangement. I think the drums are good enough for now. Excellent!

that was cool, the theme isn't my thing i'm more for 'for every likkle action deres a reaction' but i appreciate it and it is still great writing and cool song.

There were some parts of this song I really liked. The gang "hey" on the chorus was sweet. Your guitar tones were pretty good.

A lot of the timing soiunded really off. The main vocals seemed to be falling behind as well as a couple of the guitar fills.

I might tone down the reverb on the drums throughout most of the song. It works during the intro and outro for that "military drum corps" sound, but during the rest I think it muddies things up.

The song itsself sounds really cool. I think it just needs a bit of tightening-up.

I love the title - it made me think of DEVO (De-evolution).
This is a cool song - I can't wait for the drummer enhanced version.
Vomithatsteve may be right about the reverb - a bit of a roll back to keep things a bit crisper.
the military drumming works really well.
Any chance of you posting the lyrics? I'd like to follow them through the song.
Your 1st English lyric eh? Pretty good - particularly the catch phrase that makes up the hook.
A good bass sound & definition!
Great work so far mate.

Really like the idea of this tune! My only nits are that the vocals seem to be WAY hot in the mix, and the same timing issues other have mentioned. Could be really cool if it gets tightened up. I'd lower the vocals to seat them a bit more in the mix.

Great job! Very close!

thanks

@ido1975 (Gary if I remember right)
Very kind words! Thank you for the listen.

@cantthinkofname
This is my first lyrics in English.
(English is my forth language and I struggle even to right these simple posts)
Anyway you sad the song was cool so thank you for that (Cool = positive comment >> Right?)

@VomitHatSteve
Very good critics. I’ve got just parts of vocal track from my colab and I need to duplicate some of those etc.
I screwed timing at some points. It’s very noticeable. I screwed bass track as well. I should have practiced before I start to record.
I am glad you liked my song. I remember you have been around here for a 100 years. Respect!
It’s nice to hear that guitars are sounding nice.
I record everything DI. (Even acoustic guitars) I keep it simple.

@rayc
I posted lyrics on soundclick together with mp3.
Follow my link and scroll down.

@PoeticIntensity
I think you’re right about vocals being way too hot. Somebody wrote they were falling behind so I am little bit confused.
I should start from the screech next time. It’s best.

I would like to thank all others who checked it up.

Great song/composition, Sikter!And your singing and playing are pretty good.:cool:

The drums:I feel it overcompressed (no dynamics) and too much ambience.Choose a more dry and dinamic sample will helps.
*timing issues (drums) are noticiable.

Ciro

Great song/composition, Sikter!And your singing and playing are pretty good.:cool:

The drums:I feel it overcompressed (no dynamics) and too much ambience.Choose a more dry and dinamic sample will helps.
*timing issues (drums) are noticiable.

Ciro

Thank you Ciro,
It was not me who sung.
I did all the rest. Singer is Aldin who has just joined BBS HR.

I'll work on those issues. I was in fact aware of them but as always I was too eager to share.

best regards
sikter

This a pretty unconventional arrangement and mix, but really really cool. I feel like drums get covered up in a few spots and there is a cymbal in there somewhere that is a little distracting.

Cool song man, thanks for sharing.

-jD

This a pretty unconventional arrangement and mix, but really really cool. I feel like drums get covered up in a few spots and there is a cymbal in there somewhere that is a little distracting.

Cool song man, thanks for sharing.

-jD

Thank you!
I liked that you called it unconventional.
I don't really worry about drums right now.
It's just preliminary drum track and will be replaced with real drums.

sikter

Back