unregistered version limitations, plus another VU meter question

moogyboy

hey all

This is kind of an extension of my last post...

(First of all, now that I installed my Omni Studio and did some preliminary playing around last night, the VU meters seem to be working right. Perhaps it was that "anticipated level" or whatever it was checkbox that I checked under Settings...)

I still haven't gotten around to buying N-Track, seeing as how the new version should be out soon, but I'm still wondering about some of the strange little things in the unregistered version. They worry me because I don't want to find out, $50 later, that those annoying features really are features. Example: I can't figure out how to start recording in the middle of the timeline, even though the tutorial says to click wherever you want and it should start recording there, it always starts at 0:00.00. Temporary limitation? I sure hope so. SO I was wondering if anyone would care to list some if not all of the known limitations in the unregistered N-Track that should go away once I've paid my fee and entered my number. Oh, and I know about the Organ Chord Of Death...

Also, I've discovered the Record and Playback VU meters. Cool beans...now I know why in the past N-Track would keep generating multiple new tracks every time I tried recording just one. I take it that there's one (stereo) pair of recording meters for each hardware input--I count four pairs--but what's interesting is that the "channel 4" meter registers a signal when I play back, so even though I could have missed a setting under there it makes me question my meter-per-input thesis. Any ideas?

Thanks again, folks...

cheers

Billy S.

moogyboy said:
I can't figure out how to start recording in the middle of the timeline, even though the tutorial says to click wherever you want and it should start recording there, it always starts at 0:00.00.
I gotta believe it is some setting being overlooked.I don't recall any such limitation.
The limitation I recall is that you could only use effects on one track,none on aux bus or master channel.
That and the nag screen.

Back