Unknown piano tune

gummblefish

Twitchy Wanker
I was messing about on the Piano earlier and this tune kinda just worked its way out. It sounds vaguely familiar to me but im not sure where from. Anyone recognise it? Im not much of a Piano player as you can tell but this is just to give you an idea of the structure. Its pretty cinematic. I have been thinking of doing a project of songs for films. This one is a contender, needs more work obviously. Its only ten minutes old......come on...what do you expect from me....aghhhhhhhhhhhh you people!! :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=627399

Go down to the bottom of the page. Where it says Piano tune for film.

Sounds good, I dont recognize it as anything in particular. Piano has phasing :confused: Would make a good soundtrack for a grainy, 70s melodrama.

First few seconds I was gonna say Moonlight Sonata but nope.

I like it. Piano sounds good except for the phasing.

gummblefish said:
I was messing about on the Piano earlier and this tune kinda just worked its way out. It sounds vaguely familiar to me but im not sure where from. Anyone recognise it? Im not much of a Piano player as you can tell but this is just to give you an idea of the structure. Its pretty cinematic. I have been thinking of doing a project of songs for films. This one is a contender, needs more work obviously. Its only ten minutes old......come on...what do you expect from me....aghhhhhhhhhhhh you people!! :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=627399

Go down to the bottom of the page. Where it says Piano tune for film.

Sort of makes me think of a Chopin prelude that spent a weekend on a drinking bender with Beethoven. :) Its nice, relaxing, dark in places, light in others, a good base for soundtrack work. Somone pining for someone else in a series of softly-focused montage images...

Llarion said:
Sort of makes me think of a Chopin prelude that spent a weekend on a drinking bender with Beethoven. :) Its nice, relaxing, dark in places, light in others, a good base for soundtrack work. Somone pining for someone else in a series of softly-focused montage images...

LOL, I was doing some test shots yesterday....nothing fancy just trying to get an idea for the piece. Thats pretty much what i came up with. :) Either that or someone who is on their death bed reflecting on the life that they led.

Thanks for all the comments guys, im gonna work on this a bit more. Only took me about 40 seconds to write so i might try and work on it for another 7 minutes and i might just have something. Ive been writing alot on Piano recently, as opposed to guitar which has opened up alot of creative juices. Hope to have a new album writen by next week. Thanks again.

Back