University Courses in the US

iceyflame

Hey guys,

I'm meant to be applying for universities next year, and i'm looking at doing some sort of 'Electronics and Music Technology/Audio Engineering' type course - so basically I want to be what the baby of Greg and Steve would be.

Does anyone know of any places in the US (New York or San Francisco are places i'm interested in, but i'm not dead set on anywhere specific) where this kind of course could be done? I'm interested in doing a whole university-life type degree (as opposed to SAE-style).

I live in the UAE and i'm doing the british curriculum (doing A levels right now) and I know that for most universities, I'll need to have an SAT score, but i know some arts schools and stuff don't require them. So if you could let me know that kind of course information that would be really great.

Thanks alot for your help!

Chris

Have you looked into Berklee in Boston?? It's the best music school, I hear they have an excellent music production program, too.

cheers.

Also...

And I can only speak of these because I live near them, Indiana University Bloomington (if you are good). They are consistantly ranked number one or two with berklee or juliard as top music school, and their Recording Arts program is supposed to be phenomenal with tons of "on the job training" with their various orchestras and bands. They only take 17 a year, I didnt get in :( , but after sending in your application you just send in some stuff you have recorded.

I'm going to IUPUI in Indianapolis where they take a more broad approach to recording and focus a bit more on musicianship in their "Music Technology" schools, and this is one of the current top innovators in technology, they also accept more than IU.

Alot of schools offer music tech and recording programs too so just do some searching.

Best of luck,
James

consider middle tennessee state university at murphreesboro.. just outside of nashville... great program... all the top gear... and you can intern at the biggies in town.... make no mistake there's lots more going on there than shit-kickin crap....

consider middle tennessee state university at murphreesboro.. just outside of nashville... great program... all the top gear... and you can intern at the biggies in town.... make no mistake there's lots more going on there than shit-kickin crap....

That's a deal breaker to me, the internships. IUPUI's right in the middle of downtown Indiana so there is alot of opportunities, but seriously you can't beat downtown Nashville in the recording biz.

Back