UNION Drums?

Two kinds of people buy Union....
ignorant kids ready to waste six months worth of allowance or...
equally ignorant moms with a credit card.

They're crap...doesn't matter how the specs read or how photogenic they may be...they're crap. Anyone saying otherwise has either never seen a real drum set in person, never owned anything other than a 20yr old entry-level-basement-dwelling-hand-me-down or...they're selling them.

C
R
A
P

TheBigGiantHead said:
Two kinds of people buy Union....
ignorant kids ready to waste six months worth of allowance or...
equally ignorant moms with a credit card.

They're crap...doesn't matter how the specs read or how photogenic they may be...they're crap. Anyone saying otherwise has either never seen a real drum set in person, never owned anything other than a 20yr old entry-level-basement-dwelling-hand-me-down or...they're selling them.

C
R
A
P

holy moly.................dewd are you ever positive in any way other than for HIV or AIDS

BTW if you're gonna neg me for any reason.................

for fuck sake SIGN IT

wow this is the first time i ever have to sorta agree with thebiggianthead. they look ok sure but they really arent that nice, especially that bs about better (or even comparing)to a starclassic, everyone suggesting the kit with the low number of posts could easily be owned by the one guy just trying talking about how he will sell them and are as good as a starclassic(if your not im sorry stick around and time will prove me wrong) its probably ok for the money but dont expect anything amazing. personally i would go with this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pacific-Drums-by-DW-FXR-Kit-4Piece-Shell-Pack?sku=446831 its a pretty solid kit for an ok price

Certainly some "odd" posts here but the thread was started 2 years ago.

For the $ these kits are selling for new, they would virtually have to be Asian made using lower grade timbers, maybe with a Birch outer veneer but I would be suspicious of that claim too.

:rolleyes:

Recrapping old hash..I do know the difference between good and crap. They are not Star Classics, but they are serviceable drums. I heard expensive kits that sounded like poo because the player could not tune them or used a lot of muffling. These have sharp bearing edges and are easy to get a good sound out of. Not many could tell the difference with their eyes closed. I'd buy them again.

Swamp Gas and bvrettski are right...they are great drums...
if you want to buy pdp then buy them ..pay extra ... when i was a boy i thought I knew it all too!....you ignorant bashers make a lot of noise and you talk a good act..... but you dont know jack about Union Birch Drums because you dont play them or own em.... thats your unfortunate loss...and no I am not selling them here... ;)

So now we have cyclone 2005 who posts this.............:

"Actually, its a professional kit from Dynamic Music... and its excellent..certainly not entry level... I know because we carry the line and I am drumming for 35 years. Its a great Kit heres our review...."

AND........

"have it on sale $479 w/ free shipping.... I have UB5 kits in 5 available finishes to blowout at 449.00.......... for home recording members

email me on cyclonepercussion and I will rebate you 30 dollars instantly through paypal after you order."

And now cyclone who also thinks these drums are the best thing since sliced bread.........sounds suspiciously like we have a sock-puppet running amok here.

OK, give us some information.

Are the shells Kellers or Asian imports? Is the hardware Worldmax or some other Asian manufacturer? Are the drums fully imported (if so, by whom) or assembled and finished in the US? Are the shells full Birch ply or just Birch veneered?

Buddy, some of us aren’t kids and are definitely not idiots.

:cool:

re:manufacturer

Basix is the manu...same as many Ludwig sets..... of course their made in asia..so is pearl tama, etc... yes they are 100% 8 ply birch....if you think all the "famous names are made somewhere other than China"... think again. Ausrock if you dont like my posts dont respond to them. Your a real pain in the ass... have you nothing better to do?..try anger management!...better yet,, go take a very long..... Dirt Nap....

heres a scoop for those who know everything....theres 3 main manufacturing facilities in China where most all the drum names are made!...

Tae...Pearl.... and the other one ......unless your going custom

cyclone said:
Swamp Gas and bvrettski are right...they are great drums...

Sure...if you're a banjo-pickin', budweiser-drinkin', Velveeta-eatin', wife-beatin', Skynard-lovin', NASCAR-watchin', basement-gigin', web-toed rube.

cyclone said:
Basix is the manu...same as many Ludwig sets..... of course their made in asia..so is pearl tama, etc... yes they are 100% 8 ply birch....if you think all the "famous names are made somewhere other than China"... think again. Ausrock if you dont like my posts dont respond to them. Your a real pain in the ass... have you nothing better to do?..try anger management!...better yet,, go take a very long..... Dirt Nap....

heres a scoop for those who know everything....theres 3 main manufacturing facilities in China where most all the drum names are made!...

You are the reason abortion is still legal.

so whats your area of expertise?

why dont you tell us...so we can hold you to the fire.. how about giving me some Giant Head...asswipe
:D

actually I have read most of your other posts neanderthal...
you really dont have any positives except maybe HIV to offer me..or anyone else....save it..

at least Ausrock...thorn in my side that he is... has some intelligent things to say elsewhere on this site.

Last edited:
cyclone said:

Tama and Yamaha make their pro drums in Japan. Now, I've never heard Union drums, so i can't judge, but I doubt that they come close to a starclassic performer. How many lugs on each drum? Supsension mounts? How many holes are drilled into the shell for each lug (1 or 2)? How large are the lugs?

tilinmyowngrave said:
Tama and Yamaha make their pro drums in Japan. Now, I've never heard Union drums, so i can't judge, but I doubt that they come close to a starclassic performer. How many lugs on each drum? Supsension mounts? How many holes are drilled into the shell for each lug (1 or 2)? How large are the lugs?

OK last post...lugs per drum of course depends on drum size... you wouldnt want 16 lug on a 10 inch tom....

20 lug bass 22inch
20 lug snare 6.5 x 14
12 lug tom 10 inch 12 lug tom 12 inch 16 lug tom 14 inch
suspension mounts all
2 holes per lug on the shells
8 ply 100% birch drum shells
hand lacquered finishes
cannon hardware triple plated chrome ......they are in limited quantity now on the union name but can be found here...as their custom series.... http://www.basixdrums.net

Attachments

• basix.jpg
    basix.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 23
  • danny gottlieb.jpg
    danny gottlieb.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
TheBigGiantHead said:
Sure...if you're a banjo-pickin', budweiser-drinkin', Velveeta-eatin', wife-beatin', Skynard-lovin', NASCAR-watchin', basement-gigin', web-toed rube.

You forgot mouth breathin.

And hey! Nothing wrong with Nascar

Basix..........so Union was essentially an OEM line from the Basix Chinese factory, much like DW's Pacific range are rumoured to be.

Basix say they use Chinese Birch which kind of backs up the fact that Union are Birch shells, however, considering there are approx., 30 different species of Birch scattered around the world, each with it's own (subtle) character, it doesn't mean they would share the same qualities as a shell made from Finnish (Silver) Birch.

Last I heard, Tama, Pearl, Yamaha and Mapex all have production in Japan for their higher end drums, for the "budget" kits, Yamaha also have facilities in Indonesia, Tama source from China, Pearl from Taiwan and Mapex also China.......rumoured to be the same production line for some of Sonor's drums. DW have a Mexican connection, while GMS, DDrum, Gretsch and most other majors source at least part of their range from China. Excluding DW who (these days) make their own shells, most other US based companies use Keller shells on their higher end kits, while rumour has it that Ludwig are considering extending operations in that area. There are some minor exceptions but they are smaller boutique/custom operations.

There's no doubt that a lot of Chinese/Taiwanese made instruments have narrowed the "quality gap" in recent years but it is likely to be quite some time before it is fair or reasonable to directly compare their product with those from either Japan or the US.

:cool:

Ignore listed. Spirited debate and exchange of ideas are cools things about some boards. Posting simply to insult someone is just sad. There is nothing in your profile, so it is my guess that you are an anti-social 13 year old with self esteem issues and a chronic masterbation problem. I would contact the authorities about the sexual abuse at the hands of male family members if I were you. The cool thing is I won't have to see your childish reply. I sure wish I lived close to you.

Swamp Gas said:
Ignore listed. Spirited debate and exchange of ideas are cools things about some boards. Posting simply to insult someone is just sad. There is nothing in your profile, so it is my guess that you are an anti-social 13 year old with self esteem issues and a chronic masterbation problem. I would contact the authorities about the sexual abuse at the hands of male family members if I were you. The cool thing is I won't have to see your childish reply. I sure wish I lived close to you.

Wish you lived close to me??? You gotta thing for 13yr old boys with low self-esteem? You like watching them masturbate, is that it it? Sick fuck.

Swamp Gas said:
Sorry asshat, I can't see your reply!
Oh bullshit. Not much happening around your trailer park. Once the stripper next door is finished primping in the bathroom window, and the alcoholic two doors down is finished beating his wife, you'll have nothing to do between batches of meth, except read my replies.

Back