Unfortunately my bairn loves eighties crap

Musically in pop culture, the 80's was the time that killed creativity in Popular music. FM Rock radio started focusing on a style, format. If you look in the 70's (not saying it was perfect), but many rock stations played Steve Winwood, Stevie Wonder, GD, it was all over the place. More variety, more styles.

Then it seemed, FM rock became, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, then all of the hair bands. Metallica, I mean really, how did they become a great band.

80's just really made many listeners narrow minded towards music across the board.

Music pretty much left me behind in the 80s. I returned the favor. I came back to music in the 90s. It returned the favor.

The thing terrifying me most about impending fatherhood is the prospect of importing the likes of Bieber & 1D into my home/sphere of consciousness.

What are the chances of convincing him/her that Pavement and Dylan are exactly where it's fucking at for the more discerning toddler in a couple of year's time?

The thing terrifying me most about impending fatherhood is the prospect of importing the likes of Bieber & 1D into my home/sphere of consciousness.

What are the chances of convincing him/her that Pavement and Dylan are exactly where it's fucking at for the more discerning toddler in a couple of year's time?

Yeah, Beiber is a bad word in my house. And not because of me; my kids hate him. If your kids are raised with any kind of music appreciation, you'll be okay.

Back