Unbelievable

Damn...sold already. That would have been quite a bargain...if they'd included the eggs. :eek:

They did not include the eggs, but the guy gave me free shipping. Can't wait to try out my new treatment. Do you think they would soundproof as bass traps better or soundproof as brodband? Just have to go to the store and get me some fire-proofing stuff. Man, did I ever get the deal of the century. :D :D :D

Seeker of Rock said:
They did not include the eggs, but the guy gave me free shipping. Can't wait to try out my new treatment. Do you think they would soundproof as bass traps better or soundproof as brodband? Just have to go to the store and get me some fire-proofing stuff. Man, did I ever get the deal of the century. :D :D :D

Im green with envy. However on the way home today i found a dildo in a bin. Man im riding high on my luck at the minute.

That's just crazy man. Do people actually buy that stuff with the intention of improving acoustics and/or soundproofing??? I'm guessing the answer to that is, sadly, yes.

Whatever, I e-mailed the guy and asked if he wanted to be responsible for the next club fire that ends up killing 100 people. We'll see what he writes back.

Hey, 500 posts! :)

gummblefish said:
Im green with envy. However on the way home today i found a dildo in a bin. Man im riding high on my luck at the minute.

Look out for the splinters. That pressed shredded aluminum can be nasty.

I must confess, I have learned a lot since I've been here...mainly, how to take advice and listen. I may not have resorted as low as the eggcrate level, but there is much unharvested knowledge for people out there. Fortunately, I took enough of what I could learn along the way to yield what will hopefully be a decent room.
Bass traps after seeing Ethan's graph is now straying from LENRDs to making my own from 705. Have to finish getting the ceiling panels and sheetrock up first, then interior painting, then....oh yeah, I guess I'm close, relatively speaking. :)

Still funny though. I'll bet this guy's feedback to the seller says something like this, "Great product, a WORLD of difference in sound, highly recommend!" :D :D

i love the fact that the condition is described as new. these egg crates must not have been used for eggs at all, they were manufactured solely for use in studios.

acoustic egg crates have the sound-stopping power of a 3ft thick concrete wall*.

*drilled full of large holes

corban said:
these egg crates must not have been used for eggs at all, they were manufactured solely for use in studios.

Why yes, and it takes a true professional to distinguish between acoustical egg crates and produce egg crates. I'm far from a professional on this, but in general I believe it is accepted knowledge that produce egg crates contain eggs placed in the depressions, and acoustical egg crates do not. This is just what I've heard, anyway. :D

Actually, when you add eggs these become a diffusor; so it's even MORE of a bargain - a true TWO-FER... :=) Steve

This guy is a genious, if people actually buy it, he's going to make bucket loads of money, he probably got a whole truckload for $15!!

thegatekeeper said:
This guy is a genious, if people actually buy it, he's going to make bucket loads of money, he probably got a whole truckload for $15!!

unless he believes he's selling something worth using. i've heard egg crates are better than over-priced auralex, so he could've payed Anything if that was the case ... if that's the case, i've got lots of cardboard he can buy!! :D

Andy.

Back