Unbelievable Ebay deal - sorry to gloat

mandocaster

non compos mentis
I just bought an RE27 for $89

Just wait until my wife finds out how much money I've saved. She'll be so happy.

mandocaster said:
I just bought an RE27 for $89

Just wait until my wife finds out how much money I've saved. She'll be so happy.

I'll give ya $99 for it, then you can tell the wife you just made $10 :D

so tell us how you managed to find such a deal???

a couple of weeks ago, I found 3 Sennheiser e604's for $200 because the guy who listed them accidently listed them as e603's. I accidently did a search on e603's and found them....we get lucky sometimes....you got EXTREMELY lucky....

thajeremy said:
so tell us how you managed to find such a deal???

a couple of weeks ago, I found 3 Sennheiser e604's for $200 because the guy who listed them accidently listed them as e603's. I accidently did a search on e603's and found them....we get lucky sometimes....you got EXTREMELY lucky....

I don't know why it wasn't noticed.

Here is the link

Ebay RE27

The description seems reasonable, I was just browsing. I found it with just a few minutes left, and the listing said something about the reserve being eliminated.

WOW! After reading the auction info, I bet her husband is really po'ed she let it go for that low. Nice find.

mandocaster said:
I don't know why it wasn't noticed.

Here is the link

Ebay RE27

The description seems reasonable, I was just browsing. I found it with just a few minutes left, and the listing said something about the reserve being eliminated.

It's the auction title - RE 27. Note the space. Most people will be searching for RE27. The auction you won only had 80 some hits, whereas an auction for an RE27 with 2 days to go already has 133.

mshilarious said:
It's the auction title - RE 27. Note the space. Most people will be searching for RE27. The auction you won only had 80 some hits, whereas an auction for an RE27 with 2 days to go already has 133.

I always try to have good search criteria.

For EV I use (EV,electro,electrovoice) (mic,microphone)

You wind up with a lot of results, but at least not as many fall through the cracks.

If it had been night time instead of 1:30 in the afternoon you would have never got it that cheap.
Great buy!

timing is really important, most stuff I've gotten was a good deal at a bad time, b/c i'm home on a break in the middle of the day, sometimes I get stuff and i'm the only bid.

so what does it go for anyway?

junplugged said:
timing is really important, most stuff I've gotten was a good deal at a bad time, b/c i'm home on a break in the middle of the day, sometimes I get stuff and i'm the only bid.

This auction ended at 7:00 PM CDT tonight. I don't know what was up.

junplugged said:
so what does it go for anyway?

Eh?

MY eBay Deal

About 6 months or so ago...

I bought a 'Capacitor Microphone' on eBay for $30.

It was used by Billy Cobham, who apparently jammed with some huge names. Google his name for a bio. The mic came with a proof sheet too.

It turns out that this mic was a very vintage Nuvistor tube small diaphragm condenser tube microphone.

I replaced the Nuvistor with a NOS RCA for another $5 on reBay, and viola! Beautiful sounding tube mic!!!!!

Of course, then there was the DBX 118 for $10...

heres one that will make u wanna slap me, I found a sennhesier e602 on ebay that was used but perfect workin order, I saved the page with the intention to bid on it, but I forgot, no one bid on the mic, and I could have had it for a dollar! :confused: what was I thinkin!

"It was used by Billy Cobham, who apparently jammed with some huge names. Google his name for a bio. "

I think you should be required to say The Billy Cobham if you're going to use his name in a sentence. Mahavishnu?!! Miles?!! Herbie?!!

Congrats on the sweet find.

I used to be amazed when BC was part of the Mahavishnu Orchestra 25 years aga

I listened to Billy on the first Jazz is Dead CD much more recently. He is so friggin great. He sounds like an orchestra on his ride cymbal.

Back