Umm..CD Drive Help

KingNothing

Hey...

This subject really probably doesnt belong in this forum, but close enough I guess.

I bought a cd the other day and found out it was an 'enhanced' version, it has videos on it and the making of the cd and all that other crap...

Anyways, I like listening to my cds on my computer, its just more convenient. And ideally, id simply like to make them mp3's and play them back while I surf the net or whatever.

Because the cd is enhanced, whenever I put it in the cd drive, I cant play the actual audio tracks, it simply loads up the enhanced version and begins playing. Attempting to load the audio tracks off the cd in winamp or anything else doesnt work, winamp and windows media player do not show any file types other than the enhanced movie features of the cd.

Question is: How can I get these audio tracks off my cd and onto my computer??

Yo Dr...

I picked up the new Disturbed (which outsold everyone on the top 200 with 238,000 records moved in its first week BTW :o :) )

I throw the disc in either one of my computer cd players and it loads the enhanced features of the disc. I cant access the actual cd audio tracks. It really has me mildly irritated, but the problem has since been solved by Mr. Barometer and his CDdex recomendation.

hmmmm. I wonder if it's one of those "non-CD" CDs that the record companies have been threatening to release. But if you can rip it that makes that action quite lame!

I'm talking about just listening to it (The H/R Comp CD) with WMP ir Winamp or any number of other players without ripping it first. Do I have to become buyer # 238,001 to find out?

cd audio

I know what you're talking about...i had a few cd's like that..usually when the enhanced stuff comes up theres an option to play the cd..if not you can open up the regular ol windows cd player and play it out of there...Also, the latest versions of windows media player should detect the tracks and rip them to wma format..make sure you tell it to encode @ 192.

dlv

I know what youre talking about, I have other enhanced cds that give you the option to play the cd directly from the enhanced menu that loads up. This is not the case with this cd. The options the enhanced menu gives me are watch the video, view the gallery, visit the website, or exit. Kinda weak.

I dont think its possible to simply play the disc from a computer cd player. At least my buddy and I are both unable to.

So CDex is working out for you King? I'm sure you discovered already, but in case you didn't you can just rip the WAV files directly to your computer without MP3 conversion and then burn a new audio disc and it will be just a plain audio CD. Sorry if you already knew :rolleyes: :cool:

Back