Ultrabeat - seperate channeling

itsme1234

Hi. I was wondering if someone could help me on this problem I am having with Ultrabeat...

I am separating the sounds I use onto separate mixer channels, however, when I try to solo or mute one of the sounds it is muting/soloing all the sounds used in Ultrabeat. Its seems to be some sort of default grouping problem.

Is there any way to ungroup these so I can solo an individual sound from Ultrabeat within the arrangement. Thanks in advance

When you select Ultrabeat 5.1 multi output your going to need to go the Ultrabeat channel in the mixer and there will be a + sign near the bottom right. Create about 4 for starters by clicking it four times. This will create 4 sub channels; 3-4,5-6,7-8,9-10,ect. You need to open your Ultrabeat and assign each instrument to the sub channel your using. There isnt any default grouping that I am aware of. Try reseting the channel(make sure you keep your midi track in the arrange window! so you dont lose your drum patterns). Once you reset the channel start from the begining of my post. Hope this helps bro

I did separate the channels from before the same way You mentioned and am able to get control over the volumes separately, add effects separately, etc.... but for some reason whenever I click the MUTE or SOLO button on ANY of the sounds on the channels I created it MUTES or SOLOS all the sounds within that instance of ULTRABEAT. I cannot seem to just solo or mute one of the sounds indicidually.

You could also put your install disk back in and uncheck everything except the ultrabeat drum kit and re-download..only takes about 10 minutes.

i think reinstalling is a little drastic measure that wont cure this problem.

The funny thing is that if i solo / mute the tracks from the MIXER they seem to work properly, but if I solo / mute the tracks from the ARRANGE window, this is when they all get solo / muted at the same time.

Ahhh theirs your problem...your tracks in the arrange window are just tracks with midi data, not the sub channel you assigned them to. I assumed you were doing this from the mixer, which is where it is supposed to be done. If your drum instruments are split up in the arrange window than you don't even need to assign the different instruments through Ultrabeat...you can just mix the instrument straight from the track the midi data is on in the arrange window. And by assigning those instruments to a sub channel you have each intrument on two different tracks which will cause double the necessary tracks needed for your song. Dont mix from your arrange window...mix from your mixer. And especially if your ultrabeat instruments are assigned to sub channels that can only be reached from the mixer.

Oh. I thought u said to reinstall logic. Misread, sorry.

And thanks TW! Totally makes sense now. I don't even know what i was thinking. I separated th channels I'n the arrange window and named them accordingingly but how I'n the world would logic know which midi tracks i had on which channel.

Gets a little confusing goin back and forth. And you're right, mix from the mixer...however...if ya think about it...your mixing from the arrange window when doing automation. Eshk!

Thanks again fellas for walking me through my stupidity

OK....gotta revisit this subject....because I am not having the same issue with automation. The tracks seemed to be grouped in the arrange window. When I try to draw a volume fade on one of the seperated ultrabeat channels it is going across all the channels.

So I am specifically just trying to lower the KICK on one part in my arrangement and the faders are lowering the snare, high hats, etc....even though they are on seperated tracks. ANy ideas how to seperate this without bouncing to individual tracks.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean. I just applied the volume automation to the kick, but it was applied to all tracks

Screenshot2011-03-27at114925AM.png

Thanks!

Go to the sub channel for the kick in the arrange window and right click the volume knob. Select create/arrange track...put the kick file on that track in the arrange window. Also, when your done with this project..re-install ultrabeat.

Back