UK Equipment Prices

Doug

This is a rant about the outrageous equipment prices in the UK.

This is a quote from an e-mail sent to me from Aardvark Audio, after an Enquiry I made about UK dealers.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
James,
Thanks for your enquiry regarding the Aardvark 20/20+.

We can supply you a unit direct from our offices in Berkhamsted at
£887.50p inc VAT.

Or alternatively you can contact one of our following dealers,(not knowing
where you are based I have given you a spread around the country!).......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

£887.50 is $1431!

They are not the only company to hike up prices in the UK. Even European companies charge much much more in the UK that the US.

Does anyone know of a US mail-order or internet company that will ship semi-pro equipment to the UK?

I just had to get that off of my chest.

Many Thanks,

Doug

-----------------------
Millions of people are earning money, just for using the internet! Why not join them.
SurfToEarn

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 12-17-1999).]

You guys in the States don't know how lucky you are with prices.

I live in Australia, and everything's more expensive. SM57 microphones, for instance, cost (retail at) $A 350, which is about
$US 230!!

I reckon if I had a credit card, and trusted those guys driving the ships across the Pacific a bit more then I'd be looking to order stuff from over in the US

Surely there's a way...if you can't order stuff online from US companies because of the shipping to the UK or Aus, maybe you are friendly enough with someone here in the States to order and ship for you...But really friendly, because I'm sure you'd need to send money first to whoever would be doing you the service. When I used to travel to UK a lot in the 80's, I was always bringing stuff over with me, like clothes and small electronics for my friends....gibs

Does no one know of a US mail/internet company that will ship audio equipment to the UK? There has to be at least one, or is there some sort of export ban?

Back