Uber recording time

seryozha

Anyone know of any media that will allow a recording of up to and perhaps beyond 180min?

Something that wont cost a pretty penny (less then $400)

Yes i know the computer can do it, but all i really want to do is capture my band's practice and just be able to reference to it in case of spur of the moment riffs/songs.

Then i wouldnt have to burn the ample wav files onto a cd...im too lazy.

I could totally just record onto tape but I will have to switch tapes after what, 90min? Im looking for something more of the "set it and forget it" catagory.

How much do Minidiscs hold?

ADATS might be alittle pricey for me.

Any suggestions?!?!

You say you're too lazy (as I understood your post) to sort through the stuff, so why would you even want to make a three-hour tape that you'll never get through? And if you did try, it'd be like homework.

I would recommend a couple of mics placed around the rehearsal space and one of you stopping and saying 'That was cool! Let's get that on tape!' and then hitting record rather than building up a backlog of tapes, discs, or whatever that'll just be a millstone around your necks.

I suppose "longplaying" minidisc recorders could do something like 140 minutes. And then there's supposed to be some sort of new minidisc I can't remember the name of which is supposed to hold shitloads of audio. Compressed of course, but I guess that's not an issue?

chessrock said:
VCR tape should do the trick.

Run the outputs of your mixer in to the inputs of a hi-fi stereo VCR deck.
YEAS!!!! GENIUS!!! I would have never thought of that in a billion years!

Thats all i need, just some audio, lol, but by using the 8hr VHS video tapes...lol....You can get 8hrs of AUDIO!!! LOL!!!!!

As far as why i would like this, my band sorta likes to jam for about 15 min ,then start up some new song, we all have short memory spans though, having forggotton what we exactly did 5 min previous.....what was i talking about?.........oh yeah...so this way we could just record from the tape out on the mixer into a VCR, cheap, 1 dollar tapes...lol..i still cant get over the simplistic brilliance of this...lol...wow and here i was thinking about spending 500 on god knows what.

THANKS CHESS ROCK...900 billion brownie points for you.

Back