UAD-1 & Sonar 1.3XL?

MAC2

I was interested in getting the UAD-1 plug-ins so I contacted UA about running their card with Sonar 1.3XL and was told that they only "officially" support Sonar 3.0 and later.....it was suggested I might find a retailer with a liberal return policy and try their product on my set up.....not something I'm willing to try at this time....so, I was wondering if anyone else may be running this combination successfully?

it doesn't even run all that successfully on sonar 3.0 so good luck with that, problems are latency compensation issues...

Teacher said:
it doesn't even run all that successfully on sonar 3.0 so good luck with that, problems are latency compensation issues...

Where did you get that? Using the DXi versions of the plugs, I have not experienced this at all.

do you run them while looping?

well maybe i should clarify my statement i have problems with the uad-1, sonar and latency...YMMV

(I hope this freakin works. I haven't been able to post to this BBS from my home machine for months...)

I use two UAD-1's with sonar 3 and it works great other than looping. If you are specifically into looping as part of your editing process then it will be a problem. I'm just talking about setting a loop to hear a section over and over again not using loops for parts of a song.

I don't work that way excet the very rare occasion. I never thought Sonar was all that great at looping anyway so I never got into the habit.

UAD's are picky about which PCI slot they go in. If it gives you any trouble just change slots until it goes away. They do not like to share IRQ's with USB. I had severe problems that are completely gone now.

Good Luck! RD

Back