U47 reissue?

dgatwood

is out. Leave a message.
It looks like Telefunken is doing a reissue of the U47 longbody, which they call the U47V. Anybody know anything about it?

http://www.telefunkenusa.com/products/show_product.php?item=7&cat=mics

Of course, it costs somewhere in the ballpark of what a vintage U47 would cost, but it sounds like all the parts but the pentode are newly manufactured to the original specs, and presumably they could eventually start remanufacturing those, too, which makes this at least modestly interesting in concept. I'm curious how faithfully it reproduces the U47 sound.

my school got one of those last year...cost them around $8,000

i used it for a room mic during a session, and the telefunken badge fell off after barely being touched - didn't exactly give the best impression

my school got one of those last year...cost them around $8,000

i used it for a room mic during a session, and the telefunken badge fell off after barely being touched - didn't exactly give the best impression

LOL! I can imagine. Your school must be doing well to lay out that kind of coin for a mic. I've bought some reasonably pricey mics, but nothing that constituted a car or house downpayment. :D Even if you were operating a commercial recording facility, you'd have to think about whether the return on investment (both financial and aesthetic) was worth it.

Back