Two years with the Shure KSM27 .. sample

FredFredrickson

Well after two years of trying this and that with my KSM27 (recommended by somebody on this board actually XD), I think I've got the perfect combo for my voice and style.

Run the compressor super hot to get rid of variations in your voice. Some people hate that effect and also liked LED ZEPPELIN recordings better than pro recordings today.. but if you're going for today's style on vocals, compress the crap out of it. LOL

Anyway, I want to endorse the KSM27. People always told me- it's not the equipment that matters, it's what you do with it.. well I think the equipment really helps. This mic helped me feel confident enough to let myself really go all the way on some tracks.

Anyway, here's a good sample track, it's called submarine:
http://www.fiveninesmusic.com/click/click.php?id=8

It's produced entirely with KSM27, a crappy behringer mixer, and FL Studio. My effects are pretty much Compressor > EQ (take out the mud) > Delay & Slight reverb > Final mix compression.

If anybody has any questions I'm happy to assist

I Like the style very much. Very much in the style of fireflies by Owl City. Even like thestrange backing music....all makes it rather different and pleasent, good job on that one :D

I Like the style very much. Very much in the style of fireflies by Owl City. Even like thestrange backing music....all makes it rather different and pleasent, good job on that one :D

Thanks! I've been having trouble with the "sounds like" category on pump audio, but people keep telling me owl city. :D So owl city it is! I'm really excited that this mic worked for me, I was about ready to give up since I hated everything i recorded!

Back