Two Years Latter after OP, LMKWYT of Class Warfare

Crazy Luke

Here's an update of what I hope is an improvement on how I'm mixing 2 years latter. It's my latest submission of Class Warfare. lmkwyt

Attachments

• Class Warfare - Master 30.mp3
    7.6 MB · Views: 11
Sounds nice and thick.

I can't really make out the words. I think some automation for the verses would be good. Try riding faders down on guitars 2 DBs for those sections. (It's not needed on the chorus IMO).

The fast section doesn't sound that fast. I think it's because the snare drum isn't out front enough. It's not "cracking" through the blend. Maybe some EQ on it - add 2kHz for some added slap. I don't know if that will work. You can try though.

I like the bridge riff you have - the one a 1:26 and 1:56. Functions well.

I like the ambient details you have going on - the downward slide, etc. Some of them may be too static harmonically though. Hanging on 1 note or 1 chord too often.

The guitar solo is fun. Cool tones there. Why isn't there more of that? You could put lead guitar fills all over this thing for added intrigue.

I Have thought of laying down some guitar soloing during the chorus where there is no singing. Thx for the compliments, and I'll try to get the vocals to ride on top of the mix better, and work on that snare, Ibleed.

Here is an Update of Class Warfare

Thanks, IBleed, for your input. I've ducked the rhythm guitar under the lead vocals, and pulled up some drum instruments, for what I hope will be a better mix.

Attachments

• Class Warfare - M-34.mp3
    7.6 MB · Views: 2
Back