two tracks at once

Lomas

Probably a stupid question but this is the place for it, right? (newbies, not the whole forum).

So far I've only been focusing on tracking one thing at a time, but now I'm thinking of trying to track guitar and vocals at the same time.

I have two mics, and a mixer. I just can't figure out how to get them on two different tracks in Cubase. I haven't even tried yet but when I think about it I can't figure out how to do it. I don't want them both on the same track. Wanna be able to pan them and put effects on them.

Whaaaat the fuck!? spooky. I seriously didn't see that there was another thread with the exact same name on here. Sorry about that! I could have sworn it wasn't there.

Weird.

Just from the rough description you've given I think you're problem is that you're trying use a professional audio/midi recording program with the stock soundcard that came with your PC.

A soundcard that's recognized by Cubase will solve your problem.

This is a common choice for a desktop PC.

Yea sorry about the vague description. I do have a audiophile firewire soundcard.

I won't be home for a couple of days so like I said, all I can do is think about it, and I can't figure out how to do it.

There are two separate inputs on the firewire Audiophile.

Designate one of them to each Cubase track.

That's all there is to it.

Back