two track A/D stereo converters for my mac g4

klugel

this is what I have:
g4 dual processor 450 mHz
tascam TSR-8 1/2" analog reel 2 reel (rca connectors)
tascam 1508 8 channel/four subchannels mixer
rnc 1178 compressor

this is what I want to do:
I am very fond of analog recording. I want to use my G4 for the time being as a dedicated "mixdown deck" from my Tascam reel to reel. I am interested in finding out the BEST kinds of stereo RCA
A/D converters so that I can mix my Analog tunes down to a digital format so that I can master them, make rough CDR's etc.
I don't have the money for a sixteen input midi/XLR/RCA fancy rack of lights six thousand dollar program and A/D converters and Protools...(but if you have any recommendations tell me anyway and i'll check 'em out) I BASICALLY want a
stereo L/R (two input and two output) media converter and a decent STEREO mastering/normalizing program for my computer so that I can take my tunes and burn them to CD....any ideas? I am tad ignorant about all this and about what I should buy so any help is appreciated. I am afraid of MIDI! Also- If there are any eight input/output A/D (RCA) converters that I can hook my tape machine up to and bypass my analog mixer that'd be great to hear about too..
Thanks

------------------
JKH!

Back