two soundcards working like a 4-trackrecorder?

polaroid

Hello!

I have two sblive 1024 soundcards installed in my computer, to work like a 4 track recorder with cubase sx in WINXP. The souncards are installed with kxdrivers, and working fine. The problem is that cubase sx only have one of them in the VST INPUTS, to chose. Cubase sx is working in ASIO mode.

It is possible to have both soundcards working together recording individual 4 tracks in cubase SX?

Do i have to connect something in the dsp feature?I have both connected to asio 0/1.

Thanx

Clb

This topic has come up before in this forum. You cannot use 2 SB cards at the same time because their drivers are not designed to work that way. They have no way of telling which card is which.

Even if the drivers supported that, there is no way to sync the 2 cards clock crystals so you would get all kinds of time drifts in the tracks from each card.

He's using Kx drivers, which are far superior to Creative's own drivers. You might want to check out this question on the Kx Forums, there may actually be a positive answer to this. But I'm not sure with the 1024. You can record two inputs from the SB simultaneously, One from the AC97 and the other from the I2S codec I'm not sure how these connections are laid out on the cards, but the DSP does allow for it.

Back