two more sappy jazz covers

boze

I am now the proud owner of a copy of Logic 6, so the results are a bit different because of the new daw and built in plugs and such.

these are still rough performances, but i can't just hang on waiting for a take that doesn't offend me in any way or i'll never let anything out.

here's one:

and here's another:
http://boze.net/testbed/matt/standards/After_You've_Gone.mp3

i'm using my two AT4033s now either both at once (on After) or separate takes (on Fools) and just doing a light aux track to buss some reverb and a bit of eq and compression.

thanks ahead of time for listening and let me know of anything you think might get it more polished sounding.

and thanks to kitster for writing me off list and bugging me to share a bit more.

Last edited:
The vocals are too loud in relation to the guitar and make it difficult to hear your playing.

On "Fools Rush In" there's some weird reverb at 1:38 and at 2:17 the guitar gets way too quiet.

I don't know if you're singing and playing at the same time, but your playing loses some tightness when the vocals kick in. Just try and keep your attack crisp the entire time.

Overall it sounds good to me. Of course, I don't exactly have a trained ear so others may tell you something completely different.

Back