Two Cheeky Girls and a Bohemian - looking for feedback!

I love this song! The image that immediately comes to mind is that this would fit perfectly in the film The Triplets of Belleville. Everything seems perfectly balanced (I'm listening on headphones) and I love the minimal percussion. I also love the story being told. Alright, I love everything about this song! Is there a place where I can go for more?

Wow GoetzManor seems to be an instant fan.

It sounded OK.

But there is a low midrange build up. All the tracks seem to be fighting with each other from around 250hz - 700hz or so.

Little pop at :08.

Maybe a tempo issue or two early in the song.

Harmonies sounded good. I think the vocals could probably come up just a bit. they get lost in spots.

But there is a low midrange build up. All the tracks seem to be fighting with each other from around 250hz - 700hz or so.

How can you tell that? Is it the headphones that I'm wearing that's making it difficult to tell or does that come with experience?

How can you tell that? Is it the headphones that I'm wearing that's making it difficult to tell or does that come with experience?

One thing - and I shoudl have said this - it's more or less a guess. But yeah it comes from listening to lot's of mixes, playing around with EQ's stuff like that. one good way to practice this stuff is to play around with EQ on some of your favorite commercial mixes. Pull a mix into your DAW. Pull the volume down 6dbs or so. Then insert your favorite EQ plugin and start playing around with fairly wide 6db boosts at various frequencies. Notice how the sound is changed at those various frequencies.

thanks so much for this feed back goetzmanor and tripleM - very helpful. i will be going through and making changes to the mix based on what you've said, and then the tracks go out to be mastered.

our trio is called Dirty Grace (www.dirtygracemusic.com) - if you hook up with us on facebook we will be announcing when the tracks are released online for download (August 12th is the target right now).

thanks again you two - we really appreciate your honest feedback and help with this.

The drink? Yeah I'd say they've had a few :-) Sounds good though, like the squeeze box. That acordian sounds good too? Oh and you mispelled Bahamian?

Gave me a "Queen"/Musical Theater vibe, very well done.

Back