Turntables??

k1enneth

I have an old Dual 504 belt drive turntable thats 30yrs old. It's time to retire it
and I'm looking for advice on replacing it. Any suggestions for current manufacturers in the $250-$300 range. I went to Needle Doctor website and some of the new manufacturer aren't as familiar as Dual or Garrard.

turntable

thanks, NAD has a good rep. How about a manufacturer called Music Hall MMF model 2.1?? Have you anything regarding their quality?

music hall makes fantastic turntables. much better than the cheap stuff

and check out the thrift shops around where you live. i've found a thorens and some older pioneers around here. people think they're obsolete

nad 533

Ah-ha..."the NAD is sourced from Riga"...which is really the correct Manufacturer of the NAD turntable. Do I need a Phono Preamp for this turntable? Currently, I only run my turntable thru my Yamaha stereo receiver. No phono preamp.

k1enneth said:
Ah-ha..."the NAD is sourced from Riga"...which is really the correct Manufacturer of the NAD turntable. Do I need a Phono Preamp for this turntable? Currently, I only run my turntable thru my Yamaha stereo receiver. No phono preamp.
Yes - sorry I forgot to mention that -- the NAD unit IS a rebadged Riga. Yes - you'll need a pre for it (or a Phono input on your amp/receiver).

I have the $200 NAD one for the TT in the studio... Sounds nice...

Back