turntable help for a noob

Hep D MC

i got some cheap tables (numark tt-1520) for free off a homie and a used mixer (stanton smx-201) for $20. only thing is, when i hooked it all up today either my mixers broken or i hooked somethig up wrong cuz when i use the cross fader or the volume faders of each channel they dont make a diff. i hooked up rca cables from the left and rights of each table to the phono ins of my mixer, but when i switch it to the line-ins it doesnt make a diff either. so is it my mixer or did i do something wrong?

You need to elaborate.

Walk us through EXACTLY how you "hooked up" the equipment.

Do you have any links to a picture of the mixer?

i dunno how much i can elaborate on how i set it up. rca wires from the L and R outs of the tables going into the L and R phono-ins of my mixer. wat else can i say?

now this is my 1st set of tables and i dunno ne thing, but the only reason i can think of y the cross fader and volume fader dont seem to work is because i'm only using headphones and dont have speakers yet. i'm not sure, but i'm assuming when listening thru headphones both tables r always heard so u know when to mix, switch channels, etc. but i dunno. is this true?

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/5/8/1/289581.jpg

Back