Turning midi echo off, midi sounds are doubled

LouH648

I have a boss dr-5 connected to my delta audiophile 2496 midi ports and the sounds from the dr-5 sound duplicated. The latency is extremely low so it sounds like the pad is being triggered twice making this doubled drum sound which is annoying. In fact all the other track sounds are being duplicated in this manner. Doesn't matter if I'm in the sequencing software or not, if I tap any of the pads it plays this doubled sound. When I am playing a pattern in the software it will also play each drum sound doubled. I'm pretty sure this is a midi issue as I don't have a connection between audio inputs and outputs. The outs go to a small mixer for listening purposes while the ins have their own mixer. Up until I installed win 7 I didn't have this issue or if I did it was something remedied in the sequencer software I was using at the time, usually something like turning echo off. One item worth noting is that when I was using midisoft recently, the echo would disappear once the software was running but midisoft crashed too much and had to resort to using something else, sekaiju -- japanese thing, I have no idea how to fix this. I have been through the m-audio delta control panel but found nothing in there that could be set. Win 7 is also of no help as all who are aware realize there are no midi settings to be found. I did manage to set the default midi device in the registry to the delta instead of the msgs wavetable synth which worked but this started happening later after this had been done so it couldn't have been that. Can someone steer me in the right direction here? I thought I'd have problems with win 7 but if I had known how bad I would have stuck with xp. I was recording more music and fixing less things then, lol.

If you're going to use the sequencer in the drum machine then run a master clock from your computer. To do this you need only one midi cable from the out of your Delta Audiophile cards' midi output, then into your dr-5. Remember to put the clock in the mode to receive midi clock.

Back