Turbo Button

Tremaine

Chancellor of the EOPA
i got an idea

imagine, your playing guitar and the bastard beside you just turned up his treble and cut you out, so you reach for your voulme only to see that its already at '11' so with no other options you have to battle your way to the mixing desk and figure out witch channel you are.

if only you had a turbo button.

so i have no idea if this will work, but what if you had a big capacitor, with quick attack and slow decay <maybe 10 or 15 sec> that wood temporarily put your amp into overdrive. just for a lick. i was thinking that the cap wood give the amp a temp power boost. you could even use a vairble resister to tweek decay time <time until cap was drained>
you probably shouldnt press the turbo button, with the amp at 11, maybe at 7 or 8 wood be ok.

i think that this may give the guitar a little bit more of a live feeling, with the decay.
could be a foot switch button.

well what do you think. i guess it wood be better live, then in the studio <where the volume flux, wood cause you to record it in two tracks>

Peace World
Tremaine

Couldn't you just make 11 one louder?

Or maybe get a bigger amp?

Or tell the jerk you're jamming with to get off the stage!

Push the button!

a foot switch wood be much more convinent.

i had hoped that the surge of power wood alter the tone aswell as the volume.

Tremaine

Last edited:
it was an honest idea i had.

caps hold power, and keep it constant,
resisters resist the flow of power, narowing its bandwidth.
sometimes playing/jaming, is also about having fun.

maybe i should act more like a sheep?

no comment

im not supposed to type out of context, therefore i have no comment.

is it really that bad of an idea?

Last edited:
Which idea? The idea of a boost, or using a capacitor to accomplish that? The boost isn't a bad idea, but it can already be implemented in several ways, none of which you have described. The capacitor is a terrible idea insofar as it won't work. I can explain in detail why it won't work, but I'm not likely to waste my time if you keep taking a dump all over the DIY board.

Try reading this entire site, come back with questions:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/etroncon.html#c1

it was an honest idea i had.

caps hold power, and keep it constant,
resisters resist the flow of power, narowing its bandwidth.
sometimes playing/jaming, is also about having fun.

maybe i should act more like a sheep?
dude ..... you mean like a clean boost?
Of which there are dozens and dozens available?
And they usually have footswitches.

:rolleyes:

:laughings:

My First DIY Guitar amp had a Button I called "Turbo" , It added about 10x the Gain to the preamp circuit , didn"t make it any louder as then the amp is cranked up it is allready running close to the rails but it sure made it a lot more distorted , not particularilly usefull for makeing it louder but made it sound crunchier .....

Cheers

Back