Tuners

buzzard bass

Terminated
We all know of tuners for leccie guits, but what tuners do you like for acoustic stuff? So far I can do nothing but rave over Korg. Have a guitar/bass tuner and a chromatic tuner, contact mic that works perfectly with both. I mean these are like 15 bucks, mic was 10 (gonna get a spare), anchor solid as a rock, minimal deflection. Just tuned the dulci for the first time, man was it flat, it took time, needs to be fine tuned still, but that chromatic and mic made it easy. I fine tuned the highest 4 registers since they sounded weird, sounded a lot better when I found I'd tuned the E to Eb and corrected that.

Honestly, for the price, or just the quality, in my books Korg is unbeatable.

I've never actually owned a tuner. They are probably a worthwhile investment. I am thinking about getting one; more for my electric guitar than my acoustic, and really out of laziness than for any other reason.

I have a tuning fork I use a reference, tho I generally tune by ear - about 80% of the time I can hear if the guitar is on pitch, about 10% my ears go west and I use the fork, and the other 10% I seem to tune slightly sharp.

My hearing can be a odd thing, and not always reliable.

Back