Tune.

Love the natural vibe of the session. Vocal mic is breaking up somewhere in the chain. I would check that out before the next Sunday jam. :)

It's a really nice performance. Very expressive vocals with a rich tone to them. Is that you, or were you recording someone else?

Anyway, yeah, the vocal track breaks up a bit and sounds a bit harsh in some of the louder parts, but otherwise, I like the recording.

This thread was open, then locked...now open again?

Yeah, a little glitch in the matrix, called bad Jimmy. My bad....
Sorry guys.

There is an option to 'close thread' on the opposite side of 'Post Quick Reply' for mods. The problem is, if you don't click directly on 'post', it will also check the 'close' box. Or I just got a twitch in my right finger...

It has happened before, and I thought the problem was resolved. Evidently not.

Reported. :)

It's a really nice performance. Very expressive vocals with a rich tone to them. Is that you, or were you recording someone else?

Anyway, yeah, the vocal track breaks up a bit and sounds a bit harsh in some of the louder parts, but otherwise, I like the recording.

Cheers dude, It's one of my buddies singing.

I dunno why it was closed but jimmy fixed it. :)

I think it sounds pretty damn good despite the slight vocal breaks etc. I really enjoyed the song.

Cheers for the listen :thumbs up:

... and has a few sweary words so...:)

Oops, didn't see this part and started listening with my 6 yr old in the room.

Got halfway through. Sounds good and organic. A little too much room captured for my taste, but personal preference. Nice voice.

Love the song. Very cool vibe.

The mix could use a touch of the "air" on top and maybe rolling off some of the muddy low stuff. Besides that, pretty damn rad.

I really like the sound, I feel like I'm chilling in someones living room while they play me a song:D. Great lyrics too.

Another tune, On The Road Again. :)

View attachment 78559
I was expecting a Willie Nelson cover. This is so much better, not that I don't like Willie Nelson. Great sound, full and rich. Hard to do with just ac gtr and vocal. I'd be interested to know how this was recorded... mic's, pre's, mic positioning on the voice and guitar... compression and other mix details. This was live though, right?, so was this a mix done off the live sound board?

I was expecting a Willie Nelson cover. This is so much better, not that I don't like Willie Nelson. Great sound, full and rich. Hard to do with just ac gtr and vocal. I'd be interested to know how this was recorded... mic's, pre's, mic positioning on the voice and guitar... compression and other mix details. This was live though, right?, so was this a mix done off the live sound board?

Recorded in a crappy room with the Boss BR800, 57 for vocals and guitar, also recorded guitar direct, messed with the levels a wee bit in Reaper and that was it.

Back