tune this buddy!

jasgav

Hey can any of you point me in the right direction…I’m looking for a good all-around guitar/ bass turner. It has to be/have: easily read in the dark (for shows, back lights, flashing #/flat whatever) able to tune 7 strings without turning it to bass mode, a true by-pass when not needed, not cutting off the signal if the turner is off, prefer smaller thin ones about the size of your palm (no rackmonts please) something like this is out there I know.
thanks

jasgav said:
Hey can any of you point me in the right direction…I’m looking for a good all-around guitar/ bass turner. It has to be/have: easily read in the dark (for shows, back lights, flashing #/flat whatever) able to tune 7 strings without turning it to bass mode, a true by-pass when not needed, not cutting off the signal if the turner is off, prefer smaller thin ones about the size of your palm (no rackmonts please) something like this is out there I know.
thanks

Here's one that you don't need to plug in at all:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Intellitouch-PT1-Tuner?sku=211051

I dont think anyone knows that much about all tuners but you probably wont get everything your looking for. Why not get a rackmount or just any palm one dude why are you being so fussy persay?

The Korg CA-30 will get you as close to in tune as any tuner (which is to say, not very, but that's a whole other discusion), it's chromatic, and it's cheap. It's not a true by-pass, but you could fix that with a simple A/B box.

If you want a better tuner, get one of the Peterson Virtual Strobe Tuners. It won't actually get you in tune either (but again, that's another discusion), but it will get you very accurately out-of-tune. Also, some of them have back lit displays, and at least some of them have a true-bypass. They are not cheap, however. Less expensive than an analog strobe, though.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Peterson is THE name in tuners, they are 30 times more accurate, no changing of modes, very easy to see in the dark(back lit LCD screen) have true bypass when off. If you want one in a stomp form, they have the strobo stomp, if you want a hand held or one to set on something they have the VF model. Check them out, they are more expensive, but well worth it. I use the strobo stomp weekly and have had no trouble with it. I use it on guitar and 5 string bass, no switching modes!

I'm sold on the Korg GT12. It has an actual needle (along with the little lights). It seems to be extremely sensitive - I use it routinely to setup my guitars/basses with great results.

I've had mine for several years and carry it all over the place. It also has several open tunings for guitar. The needle is what nails it for me - very analog, you can really get to some fine tuning.

Here's some more info:

http://en.woodbrass.com/product_info.php?products_id=21669&af=35

Gimme $500 and i will put on my hqair metal wig and give you my "Flaming Perfect Pitch" seminar...... youll never need a tuner again! LOL!!

The Korg GA-30 is pretty good.

Although not chromatic, it has a lot of versatility, as it has tunings for 7-string guitars and 5-string basses, and the ability to set it up to 5 half steps flat to allow for detuning. I have one and have never had a problem with it

Back