tubes.....

CrazyMetalBeer

Hey, I found some tubes on ebay, (6) matched 6L6's.

I have a Mesa Boogie Mark IV, and I screwed up when I got it, and (unaware of the fact that I had to have matched tubes) it kinda crapped out on me.

I am taking it to be repaired soon, and I need all new tubes.

Do I need seperate matches to do this, or if this guy has 6 matched tubes, could I just use them...?

Bob at EuroTubes. You can write him an e-mail w/ your situation, and he'll personally write you back w/ his suggestions...He can probably help you adjust the bias

EuroTubes!

I'm with GAB on the EuroTubes. Bob is a great guy! And he always gets back to you.. which is a rare quality to have :D Hes definetly the man to talk to.

Whatever tubes you buy, you should always have the amp biased. This sets the operating current for the tubes,which varies from brand to brand and even from one set to another. Take it to a good repair shop in your area.

goldtopchas said:
Whatever tubes you buy, you should always have the amp biased. This sets the operating current for the tubes,which varies from brand to brand and even from one set to another. Take it to a good repair shop in your area.
It's Mesa Boogie Mark IV, and apparently it is a self biasing amp. The tubes i was looking at are sold allready. I will just buy 2 matched pairs from Mesa website. Thanks though, everyone.

CrazyMetalBeer said:
It's Mesa Boogie Mark IV, and apparently it is a self biasing amp. The tubes i was looking at are sold allready. I will just buy 2 matched pairs from Mesa website. Thanks though, everyone.
www.eurotubes.com The stuff on the Mesa site is overpriced (and most likely Sovtek)

Back