Tube amps on a budget...

Show me where I responded to you like that! You lying sack of sh*t!

You fucked up when you said Bob wasn't an artist. You came off like some kind of rockstar, which you may well be - but I loathe snobs of all types. You may not be one; perception is the new reality. Bottom line though: Bob works hard and you came off like a snob. Sorry.

My advice is to lighten the fuck up and smile more.

You fucked up when you said Bob wasn't an artist. You came off like some kind of rockstar, which you may well be - but I loathe snobs of all types. You may not be one; perception is the new reality. Bottom line though: Bob works hard and you came off like a snob. Sorry.

well since I saw that quote I'll have to say that you did respond to me exactly as I just described .... we disagreed about something and you gave your opinion and pretty much described your opinion as a statement of fact and gave me absolutely no respect and, as usual for you, refused to acknowledge that any other opinion other than yours could have any merit at all .
And that is where you responded to me like I described above ..... you know it all and no one else knows anything.

Now ...... I've gigged more than you (unless you've done more than 13,000 gigs that is). As for songwriting .... you act like you can't do both. I've had a studio since 1969 and have hundred of reels of tapes ..... most of which are filled with me recording my stuff. I have no idea how many songs but probably more than you. I still play nightly and can walk into any band situation ... including bands playing originals that I've never heard .... and nail my parts on sax, guitar or bass.
I never gave you any reason to try to talk down to me like I'm some newb and, in fact, was always respectful of you until you showed such contempt for my opinions totally dissing my experience level.
So ...... I have you on ignore and I will not respond to you for any reason anymore. The only alternative is to not come here at all which is actually what I've been doing.
But there are people here I've known for years and I don't want to toally withdraw from HR so ignoring you seems like a good compromise.

I never talked down to you before you attacked me. I simply stated my opinion that one does not have to be a good musician to be an artist, and being one does not make you the other. I state that "an artist creates" as a fact, because it is a fact. I NEVER singled you out. You simply took offense to my view, and took it personally, and went off. You fired the first attack with:

"just because you say something doesn't make it so and, I'm starting to suspect, most likely means it's bullshit."

It was a simple discussion until then. So ignore me. I prefer it that way. I was fine with that before you randomly attacked me here. Go pretend to be somebody, you old nothing bitch.

I NEVER said you can't do both. Clearly, if you have songs that you have written, then this would make you an artist. Thus you would not be in the group that only plays covers, and has never created anything original. After your anything but modest boast of 13,000 gigs, reals of tapes, and over whelming time spent recording, I certainly hope you have learned to read music better than you read words. I never attacked your talent, abilities, or integrity. YOU talked down to me. So GFY with your insults, and bullsh*t random attacks.

"I've seen it in thread, after thread". What a lying sack of sh*t.

Stop assuming you have more experience than anyone else, and that you are more "successful", or more of a "pro" than anyone here. Some just don't like to brag, or have reasons for not doing so. I played 5 to 7 nights a week, except for when I was in the studio, or doing promos, for years. Stop acting like your so much more experienced than those you know little, or nothing about. Your not all that, you arrogant old f**k. You assume way too much.

And if somebody you don't even know states an opinion that upsets you enough to make you leave a forum, you are even more pathetic than I thought.

Last edited:

I never said Bob was not an artists. I said that people that play in cover bands, AND NEVER WRITE AN ORIGINAL SONG may be great musicians, but they are not artist. Bob stated that he writes original songs (and he's willing to bet he wrote more than anyone here:rolleyes:), so this would not include Bob. However, Bob took offense to my view, and called me "inexperienced", "untalented", and talked down to me, along with stating that everything I say is bullshit. I didn't say one thing snobby. Although I'm far from a "rockstar" by any means, I have "walked the walk", and had my 15 minutes. I did not "talk the talk" until after my "obvious limited live experience", and "bullshit" was brought up by Bob. I actually prefer not to discuss my experience. Unlike Bob, I do not need to brag about things to make myself feel more important than I am. I am aware, and perfectly content with my place in life, with no delusions of grandeur.

and...I'm always smiling.;)

Last edited:
I don't mean to add any fuel to the fire, but I'm actually pretty suprised that anyone actually reads Toker's posts. They're typically mindless drivel in nature and contain no meaningful material -- usually just flaming and down-talking. He constantly gives me negative rep on posts I've made weeks ago that contain no relevant reason. Eventually I'll be in the red, compliments of him. On the plus side, at least its funny to read his ridiculous reasons for negative rep, his ridiculous posts, or watch him cry like a child :)

Are you serious??? Christ on a cracker! Who the hell is this guy? Full moon tonight? Troll night out?

EDIT: wait, I found you:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=266871

You Trolled that thread, too. Real "meaningful" post, there, buddy:rolleyes: Clearly not "down talking" there:rolleyes:. Not surprised your getting red with post like that.
You're an easy one, because you're simply not worth the effort.....

<<click>> ignore

Last edited:
840084340_ead43fb1fa.jpg

i'll have to put that on a wall or a bumper.

me, I planned to like the SCXD, but I like it much more than I planned :D

Another good way of putting it!!! The truth is, it's the first new amp I've bought since 1975 (I've bought plenty used) and the only one made after the late 80's. I was kind of shocked at how good it sounds.

Another good way of putting it!!! The truth is, it's the first new amp I've bought since 1975 (I've bought plenty used) and the only one made after the late 80's. I was kind of shocked at how good it sounds.
I keep hearing that from everyone.
Seems to perform way above class.

Not only does the SCXD sound good, some "modder" type guys who took it apart have said that it's made "way better/sturdier than it needs to be" - referring to electronic components used. So it's meant to be reliable - it's also designed in such a way as to NOT be rebiased (Fender doesn't want you to do it), however there IS a trim pot for rebiasing and I've been told it'll improve sound. I will try it some time soon.

I keep hearing that from everyone.
Seems to perform way above class.

Not only does the SCXD sound good, some "modder" type guys who took it apart have said that it's made "way better/sturdier than it needs to be" - referring to electronic components used. So it's meant to be reliable - it's also designed in such a way as to NOT be rebiased (Fender doesn't want you to do it), however there IS a trim pot for rebiasing and I've been told it'll improve sound. I will try it some time soon.

Stop it! :eek: You're talking me into one...

Back