TSR-8 reel hold downs..Help!!

Revmuddy

OK...I know lots of people can help me on this....My reels wobble a little on my TSR-8. I unscrewed the hold downs to look at them but couldn't get them off. I was afraid to force them. The right side ran true until I unscrewed the screw....then after I put it back it wobbled like the left one. (I was checking to see if they were the same) The hold downs don't seem to be worn out or loose...but the reels wobble just the same.There is no play in the reels-to- hub tension...they seem to be tight. How do you set these things correctly? I hear the machine is designed to be run on it's back instead of upright...so, I understand that. Put it in a rack?
I called Tascam and ordered two new reel hold downs just in case. Can anyone advise me on this? I thank you in advance! muddy :)

TASCAM's NAB hub adapters, made of plastic are notorious for loosing their grip on the reel over time and especially if the previous owner was anal about tightening the clamper beyond the holding position tension, they would wear out even quicker.

Ordering replacements is the way to go here so, you're on the right path already.

The deck is perfectly suited to laying on it's back and this is said to be better on the reel motor shafts as well as there is a more even weight distribution on the motors armature shaft assembly.

You don't need a specific rack to lay the TSR-8 on it's back. Just a sturdy table will do if you are watching the budget.

Cheers! :)

Tyvm

Ghost....You're a prince! Thank for the fast replies. Also....Your song "Legends" is great!
I saw that rack in the Tascam manual for my TSR-8...I guess I could call them and see if they still sell it. Also...the ones I saw on Ebay looked mighty flimsy like you said......Thanks again...Revmuddy :)

Back