TSR-8, elproblemo

EDAN

Hi all,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Ok, out of the blue the right tension rod on my TSR-8 "jumps" when I press play and in turn pulls the tape which raises the pitch momentarily. This has never happened before. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Edan

PS. Still looking for the RC-408 remote so I can get rid of my MTS-1000 midiizer (which I'm using purely for the remote fuction). Anyone have one for sale or work out some sort of trade?

Maybe dirty and/or dried out pinch roller. Clean it with rubber cleaner and Q-tip or Windex if you don't have rubber cleaner.

Clean the capstan too, by lifting the right tension arm so it spins, and using a Q-tip with alcohol.

...."PS. Still looking for the RC-408 remote so I can get rid of my MTS-1000 midiizer (which I'm using purely for the remote fuction). Anyone have one for sale or work out some sort of trade?..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well...THAT might be interesting. If your mts1000 shows "ver. 2" rom on the lcd display when first powered up, I just might be willing to trade my rc408 for your Midiizer. I can think of quite a few elaborate ways to use 2 midiizers with all the Tascam machines here.

Are you here in the U.S? Preferably west coast?

......"Ok, out of the blue the right tension rod on my TSR-8 "jumps" when I press play and in turn pulls the tape which raises the pitch momentarily. This has never happened before. Any ideas?..."
--------------------------------------------------
Yes, tape tension adjustment gets out of whack on analog machines. Which causes the lurching.

Take a look at page 13 (2nd half manual- maintenence section) of your tsr8 manual for details. While doing those adjustments, it's a good idea to do ALL the adjustments in that section (page 11 onward..brakes etc).

Back