Trying To Use Headphones

chrisp200

I have a audiophile 2496 soundcard with a dmp3 preamp. I am recording in Fl Studio 8. My problem is I dont know how I can hook up headphones for the vocalist to hear through while he/she records. If I set it to my standard headphone jack on the computer I dont have the option to record. Dont know if this makes sence to anyone but if you have any ideas for me please let me know! thankyou

Don't know how it is in Fruity Loops, but normally you hook up everything for normal recording select the channel you are recording to, make sure it's set to "monitor on". plug in the headphones to the computer headphone jack and away you go.

Well the 2496 Doesn"t have a headphone jack, and you can not use your Onboard sound card that may have a headphone jack and the 2496 at the same time.....

If you want to record and monitor through headphones useing the 2496 you are going to need a headphone amp or a mixer that has a Headphone output or even if you have a stereo reciever that has a headphone out you can use that...You just connect the 2 Ouputs on the 2496 to the heaphone amp/Mixer/Reciever ect..

Cheers

Back