Trying to make "music" ! help with equipments.. and etc.

tensyume

Hey guys.
I am really into music, and been making music with piano.
Writing my own notes and sharing with others is a hard deal..
So i wanted to start my own studio.. With keyboards, and mikes to record voices and guitars and such.
I've been looking, and I learned that I will be needing a MIDI Keyboard, monitor, audio cards. (I do not know anything else..)
Could you guys help me making this home studio??
I do not know anything about it..
The budget I want is under 1500 dollars.

Are you totally sold on the idea of using a computer ? I will admit, that's far and away the most popular and probably the most efficient method, interface and computer with recording software.
But it's not the only way. If you are at the beginning of recording and you don't claim to be in any way experienced, a 4, 8, 12, or 16 track standalone might be worth considering. Tascam, Zoom, Fostex, Yamaha, Boss, Roland, Korg and Akai all made them and although most are no longer in production there are still standalones doing the "used" rounds.
I'm not sure what country you're in but check ebay to see what's around. I guess most people will come out against standalones and it's not hard to see why. But like everything else, they do the job and you'll learn much of what you need to know about recording.
I hope a few others chime in and give you other options so that you can make up your mind from a balanced perspective.
In the meantime, this article and this one may be of some use to you.

Back