Trransfer Recordings from Yamaha 16AWG to 2488 NEO Possible?

ParisTNDude

I am very close to buying a used Tascam 2488 NEO to replace my older Yamaha 16AWG. I have tons of recordings mastered on the Yamaha and was wondering if it's possible to transfer those to the NEO without losing track info/data. Anyone have any ideas?

I am very close to buying a used Tascam 2488 NEO to replace my older Yamaha 16AWG. I have tons of recordings mastered on the Yamaha and was wondering if it's possible to transfer those to the NEO without losing track info/data. Anyone have any ideas?
I'm not familiar with the Yamaha. But I'm assuming you can get the wave files onto a disc somehow. If so, it's just a matter of putting that disc in the 2488 and loading them into a project.

Thanks and that's probably what I will end up doing, but the WAV files won't separate the tracks as I really want to do. I appreciate your suggestion, though.

Thanks and that's probably what I will end up doing, but the WAV files won't separate the tracks as I really want to do. I appreciate your suggestion, though.

Wait, do you have the separate tracks or not? When you say you have the mastered tracks, do you mean mixed down 2 tracks of songs? If you don't have the separate tracks, there's no machine in the world that will separate them for you. But I have a feeling I'm not quite understanding your question 100%.

Some recordings have as many as 6 seperated tracks and some of them are 2 tracks using recorded professional background instrumentals on one track and vocals on the other. My concern is that I don't have the original CDs for the professional tracks and would like to keep them completely digital. I know I can record them from one recorder to the other using RCA cords, but it loses the clarity of the original tracks.

As Rami has stated, if the audio are on separate tracks in the Yammy, .wav files will be separate tracks " IF" you export them that way...Also,since you don't have over eight tracks, if both of these machines has lightpipe in/out, you could send the audio over via Adat out to Adat in..Good luck..

I was reading on the site, "If you prefer to edit audio data with a software-based editor, you can use the AW16G's WAV Export function to transfer recorded audio tracks to your computer via the built-in CD-RW drive."

If you export them to a CD, that gives you pure digital transfer. Look up the export function. CDs are pretty cheap even if it is for one way use.

Im not familiar with the Yamaha, but I transfer tracks back & forth between myTascam 2488neo & laptop w/Cubase Elements 7 via usb with no problem...

Back