trouble with my new emu 0404

delah

....so.... i just bought the emu 0404 to upgrade from my stock sound card..but im having problems hearing stuff through my speakers. the speakers i have are also just cheap stock desktop speakers. it sounds silly that i would have such a good card and bad speakers but thats because i have a good stereo that i use to record with...i actually move my computer from room to room to switch between normal family use and recording. so this means that i need my cheap desktop speakers to work as well, but i can only get sound out of one speaker at a time and it is very very quiet.

......i suppose i must be missing something in the hook-up process. the speakers both connect to a single balanced 1/8 jack...im trying to use an 1/8 to 1/4 (stereo to stereo) adapter, but that doesnt do the trick. so how do i hook that up to either the right or left output of my card? is it even possible?

any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Try running it thru a mixer or put a y stereo splitter on it. The 0404 doesn't have a headphone output, so you're only getting the left or right channel.

i see what you're saying with the stereo splitter, because i have to analog outputs, one left and one right. so i need to use both of them to have it play through both speakers...but the volume level also seems to be very low. what could be the reason for this?

ill tell you how the software is as soon as i can get the damn thing to work.... :p

Back