Trouble Installing SX

SirPsychoSexy

Hello all,

When I try installing Cubase SX on my computer, I get an error:

"The file E:\Library\Presets\Staff Settings\Piano.xml could not be opened."

When I click OK on that, the whole setup program just closes.

I am running Win2k on an AMD 1800+, with 512mb f DDR.

What could be causing this?

Thanks!

Chris

The only thing I can think of is a corrupt install disk if E: is your cd drive.

You could try cleaning it and if that fails copy the whole disk to a temp directory on your hard drive and try installing from there.

If the disk refuses to copy to the hard drive and hangs at E:\Library\Presets\Staff Settings\Piano.xml skip it and copy the rest.

Them mail me and I`ll send it to you.

Good Luck

Hippo

Crap!

Well, I copied the entire cd to disk, and tried installing it from there, but it still hangs on the Piano.xml file, even from the HDD.

Could it be a corrupt file? Unlikely on a mass-production software product, right?.... :-(

Hippo, if you could e-mail me the file, that'd be great. I think my addy is in my profile, but if not, cmapes@shaw.ca

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

Thanks, but...

Thanks Hippo, but it doesn't seem to be working. Same error.

This is pretty darn frustrating... I have no I idea why this would be happening.

I should just take it back, and use Sonar... that is, unless there's something else I could try...

A couple quick thoughts...

1) you do NOT have the dongle plugged in yet right? You don't want it in when you install. You plug it in after the install and you restart.

2) Do you have a friend with a computer that you could try to install it on? That would tell you if it is a defective disk, although if hippo sent the file it wants and it still doesn't like it that doesn't make such sense.

3) I assume you have tried to uninstall and reinstall several times...you may want to uninstall, do a disk cleanup, and a disk defragment and then check your drive for errors. Then try re-installing.

4) This is a store bought CD right? You may want to contact them and let them know the trouble, they may offer to replace it, or at least direct you in how to do so.

Computers are like witchcraft at times...I have had stuff seem like it wasn't going to work, and then the silliest and smallest thing makes the difference and everything works fine.

Back