Trouble getting started with REAPER - no sound!

Chumsley

Hi, I am trying out REAPER, mac os version. Using a ALESIS i02 express interface. I just want to hear the audio through my regular speakers attached to built-in output on mac mini (2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3).

When I go to Preferences->Audio, I see nothing obvious to adjust.
When I go 1 level deeper to Preferences->Audio->Device, the interface shows up there but there is not much to adjust, or at least nothing as obvious as "Output:choose X"

Am I missing something obvious? I am getting levels through the interface to the Reaper program, just no sound coming out.

Thanks in advance,
Chumsley

You'll have to choose one or the other device: either your internal sound card or your Alesis interface as the device. When you select the Alesis, your only output choices are going to be the physical outputs on that device. You'll have to plug speakers into the Alesis' outputs. Or if you select your internal sound card as the device, you won't be able to record with your Alesis but the sound will play through the speakers connected to your internal sound card.

Oh, really? Well that sounded a little disapointing at first, now I think I can handle that :). Can probably connect the phones jack to my practice amp.

Thanks!

Back