tropical storm fay

second skin

BEAT IT!
nothing better to do than put a couple of LDCs in omni on my back porch and let it run for an hour or two. no lightning really so as long as the power holds up we're good to go. probably won't let it run that long though, i need to get a battery backup for my computer.

i am getting some cool wind sounds though although it's really not very active.

I just made a gear purchase from south florida today, and they tell me, the UPS store is shutting down today, so they may not ship. Aaarrrrghh.

well we really didn't get any excitement. just some time off of work and a lot of rain. nothing really destructive though or even interesting. just enough to make me glad to leave the house this evening.

really putting those mics outside was about the most interesting thing thats happened in the last day or two around here.

We're next in line here in Savannah...at least I thought we would be, but it looks like it's going to turn early and head over north Florida instead. Lots of rain here though.

Frank

Yeah, I was down in Georgia for Opal. It hit Alabama harder, but still within 90 miles of the epicenter, but 100+ miles inland. And not much to report but a lot of wind and some rain. 60-90mph winds. Which is nothing if you've ever lived in Southern California or Central Texas. Most damage was caused by falling trees. Facilitated by near dought conditions before Opal. I just visited Georgia last weekend. And strangely similar drought conditions. No one died locally from Opal. From the storm anyway. But a couple of people died from a tree branch falling on them the day after the storm. And parts of Alabama went without power for five days.

Eduouard (sp?) just passed through these parts. Or so they said. Didn't rain at all three weeks prior or three weeks after (central Texas). But has rained pretty good the past couple of days. Kind of neat how it goes from dry / brown to wet /green almost overnight. If it didn't come with a price anyway. Mowing twice a week if this rain keeps up.

Back