Trombone Solo with Sennheiser e604

tadmaz

I intend this post to be an example of a recording with an e604 (and a VTB-1 preamp). I just got this mic and I just was given a solo in my school symphonic band. We're going to disney world and I will be soloing this bad boy there. The song is called "Just a Closer Walk With Thee."

Tell me what you think of the recording quality and my playing. I think I'm pretty good, considering I got the part this morning.

tadmaz said:
I intend this post to be an example of a recording with an e604 (and a VTB-1 preamp). I just got this mic and I just was given a solo in my school symphonic band. We're going to disney world and I will be soloing this bad boy there. The song is called "Just a Closer Walk With Thee."

Tell me what you think of the recording quality and my playing. I think I'm pretty good, considering I got the part this morning.

You should feel honored; your song is the first thing I'm listening to on my new DSL connection.

The recording sounds fine except I think you need a compressor in the chain. A few of the notes were significantly louder than the others.

I have a compressor, but I didn't feel like using it. Songs like this should have "dynamic range," IMHO.

Back